Sunday, March 12, 2006

hectiCity

Life got kinda rough, changes came in a flurry
'Bout the same time that Del dropped 3030
Can't complain now but shame how that year was so wrong
Livin' with an ex, I stress: we didn't get along
She had her other men, said I was free to sow my oats
But then came the evening when that script got rewrote
We were at the same party and after, out on the block
Sister hollered "who was that skeez on your jock?"
Firsthand she'd seen a lady friend end up in my lap
Try to tell us she wasn't jealous, this time somethin snapped
Arms were flying, she was crying, situation was iffy
Post-sundown in Oaktown so cops came in a jiffy
Slapped me up against the car my hands behind my head
Threw me in the back seat but then one of them said
"Talk to us, tell us a few words we need to hear
We’re gonna take it slow, you just speak real clear
Based on what you say, you could go to jail or the hospital
See a shrink or sleep in the clink, either outcome is possible
Use your words carefully, they’ll make our choice
You might save us paperwork, but it’s gotta come in your voice"
I swear they coached me a few beats, tried to calm me down,
See they would follow the law to a tee, per every damn thing said now
Was it my innocence or white face? I’ll never know which
Doubt my black brother’d get the same choice—now ain’t that a bitch
It was just us, but justice was getting so hazy
I said "call it 5150, y'all are driving me crazy!"

No comments: